.. chocolate is LOVE ♥ ..

Phew! A new year has passed by and I’m finally making up a new entry. One topic I would like to focus is about CHOCOLATE. Why? It’s because I simply love them. They’re irresistible, aren’t they?

What are chocolates by the way? They are processed cacao seeds – dried, cleaned then roasted. They are then grounded into cocoa powder and liquefied. These liquefied cocoa are put into molds that make up chocolate.


chocolates

Types of CHOCOLATE? Let’s break them down…

Unsweetened Chocolate – is pure chocolate liquor, also known as bitter, baking chocolate or cooking chocolate, mixed with some form of fat to produce a solid substance. It is unadulterated chocolate: the pure, ground, roasted chocolate beans impart a strong, deep chocolate flavor. With the addition of sugar, however, it is used as the base for cakes, brownies, confections, and cookies.

Milk Chocolate – is chocolate with milk powder or condensed milk added.

White Chocolate – is a confection based on sugar, nutmeg, and fat without the cocoa solids. Some consider white chocolate not to even be chocolate, because of the lack of cocoa solids.

Dark Chocolate – is produced by adding fat and sugar to cacao. It is chocolate without milk as an additive; sometimes called "plain chocolate" and "black chocolate".

Semisweet Chocolate – is often used for cooking purposes. It is a dark chocolate with low sugar content.

Bittersweet Chocolate – is chocolate liquor to which some sugar, more cocoa butter, vanilla and sometimes lecithin has been added. It has less sugar and more liquor than semisweet chocolate, but the two are interchangeable in baking.

Some most popular brands of chocolates are Cadbury, Hershey, Mars, Toblerone, Snickers, Skittles, M&M and Lindt.

One brand I would love to recommend is Cadbury with Fruits and Nuts or Cadbury with Caramel. So sweet! Also for those who are not really fond of eating sweets, you could try Cadbury Dark Chocolate – bittersweet! =]]

Anyways, I would like to promote irhene-nee-chan’s site: IGC and join the Chocolate Fan Club I made there.


chocolate-fan

0 comments:

→. about me .←

My photo
hi! i'm raine.. same old girl.. well, i'm finally updating my blog!! *claps* after.. how many months? HAHA. anyways, enjoy reading and follow me!! thanks! xD

→. my tweets .←

    follow me on Twitter

    →. follow me .←